Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Quilt University Class

Misha_HI_applique_fabrics_1

Misha_HI_applique_fabrics_2

I signed up for my first Quilt University class the other day...actually I signed up the very day that class started! It's by Nancy Lee Chong and it's Hawaiian Quilting 101.

I followed the instructions on how to email pictures to the Dean to the letter...I made sure I scaled the photos down in size, etc. For some reason, however, they still saw fit to crop the images significantly, showing only a small portion of the fabrics I'm considering. Here I've posted the full photos so you get a better idea of what my fabrics look like. The background is not my counter top, LOL, it's the white batik with purple detail that I'll be using for the background of my applique. I'm undecided at this point whether to go with the teal/blue fabric or the fuchsia/blue for the applique itself.

I'll decide Friday which one to use and will cut out my Ulu pattern provided for the class. I'll continue to post my progress as the class continues over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment