Friday, December 2, 2011

WIP Huckleberry Wave

A work in progress. It's a variation on Huckleberry Swirl that I made for ALQS6. This will be for me, so it's going very slowly as I have other priorities...but I just recently blogged about the original and was asked if I was making a twin for myself. More of a fraternal twin! ;)

Technique is from Dianne Hire's book Vivacious Curvy Quilts.

I really wanted a take-along project so I've been hand piecing these. Not a good idea, as it will be very difficult if not impossible to trim some of them down, LOL.

I will probably add bits and pieces/wedges to them by machine to bring them up a little in size to minimize the need to trim. (Two of the blocks on the right side are not actually sewn yet.) It will be an interesting puzzle, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting me know that you are up and going again!!! I just love my mini and have it hanging where I can see it everyday. Yours is going to be gorgeous when you are finished. I know the saga of other commitments!

    ReplyDelete