Saturday, November 29, 2014

Grand Illusion - Part One

So...here we are again...LOL. For this year's mystery I decided to mostly follow Bonnie's colors. I went a bit richer with three of them, however, and decided my neutrals will actually be pastel batiks. I toyed with the idea of substituting something else for the yellow, but then I found one that I liked at Pacific Fabric and decided to go for it.

Here is my palette, minus the yellow (I put a polka dot yellow in the pic to hold the spot)

Fabrics for Grand Illusion... 

...and here are my first 4 blocks for the first clue. I have quite a few more of the HSTs made (nearly 100) but have some other things I have to work on today so I'm setting it all aside for a little while. I will be making half of the units to begin with, for a smaller quilt. Mine will be roughly 60" square depending on border, vs 88" for Bonnie's original.

Clue one 

Here's the link back to Bonnie's blog, and here's the a link back to the Monday Link Up as well: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-1.html

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics, your broken dishes unit is wonderful. such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric choices are very much like mine. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for another mystery quilt! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabrics, very bright. I was gone for 10 days so missed the start but am gonna get busy now that I am back. I do still need to figure out my yellow (I might go scrappy with it).

    ReplyDelete